Tuesday, November 21, 2017

56












We've been itching to go for an Asian gateway ever since we came back from the UK. I've been missing the sun, the beaches, and the glorious Asian foods. Unfortunately, we've been flooded with work and family commitments for my sister's wedding last September. One thing led to another and the next thing we know, it was already November.

After thorough consideration, we ended up choosing Krabi as our destination. Our first Asian honeymoon. I know. I know what you're thinking. "Honeymoon?! Didn't you just get back from an 18-month honeymoon in the UK?" - actual dialogue by my sister.

Yes, we did and those 18 months are the best months of our lives. But I want to discover new places with my husband. I have been to Thailand several times but Hilmi has never been there. Initially, I wanted to let him experience Bangkok (I love Bangkok!) especially the Chatuchak Market, but I don't think a crowded and noisy place under the hot weather can be considered as a romantic and relaxing gateway. Hence, Krabi came next on the list.

We went there last weekend and stayed there for 3D2N. We managed to do everything that we planned to cover while we were there such as island hopping, food hunting, riding on a tuk-tuk, strolling by the beach and most importantly, Thai body massage! 

Alhamdulillah, it was a fantastic trip. Hilmi had a blast and seeing him happy is the most important thing for me. I'm positive that we will be back here again soon. Should I make this a yearly thing to do? Most probably I should.

No comments: