Thursday, November 1, 2018

68

First day of November. Hilwa is 50 days old today and I have twelve days to go before my maternity leave ends.

Her progress: She sleeps soundly at night, alhamdulillah, which means we can rest longer then. She still likes to be carried and cuddled after she had her milk, which sometimes can be up to an hour or two. I got really tired by then but I still need to pump, have my meal, shower, have a nap. I can't decide which one to do first and the cycle starts again before I know it. She doesn't cry when we bathe her but she gets cranky when being dressed. And the best part is she smiles often these days and have been cooing as well!

The worrying part is that she had colic twice so far and she inclined to face her left side more than her right. The first time she had colic was because I always had my meals late. I didn't know that it would affect the baby, so I only ate when I'm hungry...which can be very late sometimes. Turns out I must eat on time regardless if I am already hungry or not. The second time was because of my milk. As for her tendency to face to the left, I have tried massaging her neck and back but I don't want to force her. I hope that this is just a stage and slowly, she will face her right naturally.

To date, she has used about 4 packets of diapers, which is roughly around 280 pieces of diapers (whoaaa). She drinks between 2-2.5oz every 2-3 hours. She doesn't mind drinking room temp milk (good, because reheating the bottle every time would be super tiring!). She has wayyy too many clothes at this point hahaha people just can't stop buying her clothes, it seems. I have not bought her any clothes in Malaysia at all since I bought a handful from UK for her to wear at least until she's 1 year old.

We have met her soon-to-be babysitter and in shaa Allah, I hope she can take care of my daughter like how she would with her own daughter. It's too risky these days but parents don't have a choice but to send the kids still. 

We're heading back to Shah Alam this weekend to sort our stuffs before I start work. I will definitely miss my home and my family. Sigh, already a mom and still a crybaby when it comes to this! Lol.

No comments: