Wednesday, March 18, 2015

16

I've been coughing for the past 3 weeks. It wasn't just any regular cough; it was the worst. cough. ever; with. phlegm, and the flu decided to kick in shortly after. I had thick mucus rushing down my nose and throat all the time. I tried hard to limit on talking since I constantly felt like I was going to throw up. I couldn't sleep during the night. I kept running to the toilet, forced the phlegm and mucus out. Definitely not a pretty sight.

Mom went to the clinic and got me several prescriptions. The usual Ponstan, antibiotics, vitamin C and cough syrup. For the sake of trying on the home remedies, I made mixtures of warm honey + lemon juice and drink them consecutively for a week, hoping that my cough will actually gave in. But it did not. One of my colleagues was kind enough to teach me another home remedy which was to mix sliced raw shallots with honey and eat them every morning. Thanks, but I don't think I'm ready to shove that down my throat just yet.

I knew it was becoming worse my family members kept saying "please do something about your cough" in an annoyed tone rather than in a concerned tone. Ha ha. So today I gave in because 3 weeks of zero recovery is worrying. The doctor then gave me stronger meds and about 12hours later now, I actually feel better. And to celebrate my recovery, I had this.


Save me your you-are-not-supposed-to-eat-icecream-you-are-still-coughing lecture. This is an alternative medicine. See.....There's lemon and honey in it.


No comments: