Monday, May 2, 2016

46

Recently, I wake up every day with this odd feeling as if something is amiss in my life. I have a great husband, loving and supportive families, wonderful friends, excellent health, I have been blessed with an opportunity to continue my studies here... pretty much everything. Alhamdulillah. But why do I still get such feeling? That feeling of something is lacking.

This morning, while lazing around on the couch, I asked Hilmi,

"How do we know that we are really happy with our lives?"

"Are you not happy?"

"Of course, I am. I just want to know your thoughts on it."

"Well, to me, if you are really happy, you wouldn't be bothered to compare your life with others. Whether you have more or less, you are content with it. Everybody has their own set of challenges. Just because you see someone is physically happy, he/she might be internally sad at the same time. They could be facing other challenges and difficulties in life. They just refuse to let others know about it. Look at Kak X, she's so cheerful with those around her but we know that she has a serious medical condition. Look at Kak Y, she lost a lot of money when a robbery took place at her house yet she can still smile to others and laugh as if nothing happened. They celebrate lives by choosing to look at what they have instead of what they don't."

At this point, I could feel tears streaming down my cheeks. I refused to let him see me crying. But, his pieces of advice felt like a pang in my heart. Every single word he uttered couldn't be any truer. I felt terrible for not being more grateful towards everything I've been blessed with. I felt terrible for always wanting more and overlooking what I already have.

Thank you, Allah for everything, especially for granting me a wise husband.


No comments: